In the elementary years, students can still “go deep” in the study of earth science, and this Student Adventure Guide gives children many opportunities to explore earth science firsthand.
This companion guide to the Earth Science Explored Elementary course includes:
– Introduction to each lesson with recommended reading from engaging books
– Simple, hands-on learning activities to accompany each lesson
– Copywork pages to practice handwriting skills (print and cursive)
– Short quizzes to demonstrate your child is learning the concepts
Important things for parents to keep in mind:
- This workbook is designed for students ages 6 to 11, but younger students who aren’t yet proficient readers may need help reading all materials.
- The Student Adventure Guide is designed as a companion to the Earth Science Explored Elementary. The Adventure Guide is not a textbook—it does not “teach” earth science but rather offers students hands-on learning experiences.
- Quiz pages reflect material taught in the online lessons of the Elementary course.
- Reading lists reflect a wide variety of reading levels. The books mentioned can be used either as independent reading or read-alouds, based on the parent’s preference and the student’s ability.
- Hands-on activities can easily be completed by elementary age children provided some parent supervision and assistance.